I have a 2001 Buick Regal. When I shut the car off the starter still tries to engage and turns over and over at a fast rate. Sometimes when the car is off and the key is out it does the same thing. I replaced the ignition switch and had the started checked out both good. Also I replaced the starter relay, still no luck. Now when I turn my car off I have to pop the hood and pull my crank relay so the car will stay off. I checked some of my grounds to see if that would help but no luck. Just not sure where it is still getting power when the car is off and key is out.. Thanks

nbremer
0

Asked by nbremer Sep 08, 2013 at 11:42 AM about the 2001 Buick Regal LS

Fordtudor37
4,645

Check (to see if it's out of alignment) or replace the "steering column ignition switch" under the dash. This is where the wiring harness connects to the steering column. When you turn the key to "Key Off, Engine Off", the column ignition switch shaft (which runs from the key cylinder to the column ignition switch) is not telling the column ignition switch to move completely to the "Key Off, Engine Off" position or the switch is broken.

Kevin Ketsa
105

problem could be on the carb the solenoid

Kevin Ketsa
105

timing might also be out