3.8 camaro top end swap???

Dk1992
45

Asked by Dk1992 Nov 06, 2012 at 04:06 AM about the 1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS

i was just wondering if it'd be possible to swap the top end of a 97 camaro 3.8 with a supercharged
grand prix gtp engine. Or even a complete engine swap without swaping trannys?

12,835

You do realise its more than just throwing a supercharger on it correct?

Dk1992
45

yes that's why I said top end swap not put a supercharger on it. I just know where I can get a Gtp motor for alot less than a supercharger

12,835

What I was referring to is the injectors, pcm programing, a hand full of sensors, ICM programing is all different. As far as the top end swap I doubt there is enough room in the camaro for the supercharger because of the engines location. Even if it has the clearance I still honestly don't think it would work just due to the fact that the throttle body is facing the back of the engine on the GTP. I don't personally know whether the upper intake is reversable. Your best bet is to get onto a 4th gen f-body forum and ask this Q. That's if no one on here knows positively whether it will or won't work. I could be wrong and I am curious now to know as well.