1996 park ave battery voltage gauge in cluster fluctuating

LTek11
0

Asked by LTek11 Sep 02, 2010 at 10:34 PM about the 1996 Buick Park Avenue 4 Dr Base Sedan

for the past week my battery gauge in the cluster has been fluctuating the i changed the alternator due to thinking the battery was not charging but its still fluctuating...so i put my voltmeter and the on the battery leads and im reading in the high thirteens so i know its electrical....just need an idea where to start and help would be great   

fortycreek
30

Having same problem with same car. Fed up, taking to garage today. Will let you know what they say.

RobynsNest
20

My 1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra supercharged is doing the same kind of thing...but now has graduated to only occasionally starting. I'm not getting any codes from diagnostics, but in addition to my voltage light coming on (I rebuilt my alternator and got a new plug to plug into the system) my air bag & trak lights come back on when it goes through it's beginning check...sounds like it wants to start, but does only sometimes and only for a few minutes ...I don't trust it to actually drive it anywhere because I've towed it back home way too many times. After I got the alternator in, I figured that I would end up replacing everything and still not find the simple computer problem that is keeping it from starting... she was a terrific car...we just don't seem to communicate! No codes on any diagnostics. Do you still answer these? I noticed the last similar question went unanswered but posted 9/2/2010. I'm so frustrated with this car! Can anyone help an old lady who can't afford to buy another car ...and running out of friends who will drive me where I need to go?