What is the recommended milage to change the timming belt?

2BaVolvoFa8tic
0

Asked by 2BaVolvoFa8tic Feb 23, 2012 at 01:56 PM about the 2006 Volvo XC90 V8

Paul Matthews
1,715

Oooops !! this engine is chain driven NOT belt. I am not aware of the interval, if at all there is one. I can tell you that Mercedes-Benz V8's are around 100.000 miles for a simplex and around 130.000 for a duplex chain. I would refer to your dealer or it may even be in your manual.

2BaVolvoFa8tic
0

Thanks for the answer Paul. Maybe you could answer one more question for me. How often does the V-belt need changed?

Paul Matthews
1,715

I am not aware of a specified Serpentine belt replacement interval. I would check the general condition of the belt itself, by looking at the multi rib side checking for cracking across the ribs. If the rubber is cracking (perishing) then replace it a.s.a.p as faolure would mean loss of charging, P.A.S steering etc. Finally if you remove the belt to check the condition also check the guide pulleys as they usually wear their bearings, simply by spinning each pulley you should be able to hear if a bearing is 'dry' or worn, advisable to replace the lot, you may even be able to get a kit.

Best Answer