Is the XC90 reliable?

laurena
25

Asked by laurena Jan 08, 2008 at 02:30 PM about the 2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD

I'm looking into buying an XC90, and although Volvo's are known for their safety, I've heard the opposite about their reliability. Does the XC90 in particular typically have a lot of maintenance issues?

24,935

I would check out www.carsurvey.org, I look there for most of my real-world reviews/complaints about automobiles. That said, I know the older Volvos were esteemed for their reliability. A buddy drove one that was 15 years old at the time all through college. I never heard him say he had to fix anything on it.

sideshow
65

The majority of owners only moan about fuel costs on the petrol model and depreciation. The diesel's the way to go! I wouldn't worry about the build quality Laurena, parts are good quality and rarely break. If they do they're cheap and easy to get hold of. The auto gearbox is practically bomb-proof! You may want to get some warranty with it because you never know but don't worry, they're the best 4x4 for the money by far! Happy Motoring!