Rattling

Oscar Zúñiga-Hernandez
25

Asked by Oscar Mar 30, 2013 at 06:42 PM about the 2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T

Anyone owning a Volvo 04 have any issues with rattling within the dashboard? It only happens when at a stop or idling.

14,135

I hate rattles in the dash. I dont think anyone will be able to help you over the internet. there are about 100 things that can rattle in the dash you just have to find it. or take it somewhere and have them deal with the pain in the ass which is the task of finding a rattle in the dash.

Oscar Zúñiga-Hernandez
25

Thanks kbro!

14,135

Wish i could be more help to you but its just one of those things.

Oscar Zúñiga-Hernandez
25

Oh, you are, I was just being lazy and hoping someone had a similar experience so I wound have to dig in where I shouldn't . Still, thanks for the come back.

CordovaCars
115

I've had these rattles and they are annoying. You may be getting some extra vibrations due to a weak or bad spark plug or coil/wire. There is also a top engine mount that could be worn and allowing the engine to shake more than normal.

Oscar Zúñiga-Hernandez
25

Thank you cordovacars, I have changed the spark plugs, I will check on the wires, probably still the original. And the engine mount I will check on that next time I do the oil change. Thank you.