98 volvo will not turn over

Tatum09
85

Asked by Tatum09 Jun 04, 2012 at 09:40 PM about the 1998 Volvo V70 4 Dr XC Turbo AWD Wagon

Car has been sitting for a week will not turn over changed many
things and still no spark. Need help trying to solve problem.

aztec626bf
6,505

When you say it has no spark do you mean it is turning over and no spark?

Tatum09
85

It crank but wont start. Still sitting.

Tatum09
85

I changed spark plugs wire rotor cap ignition coral battery crank sensor and still wont start. What else need to be change?

aztec626bf
6,505

Try spraying starting fluid into intake while you attempt to start it. If it runs briefly then you have fuel delivery problem if not you have ignition problem.

Tatum09
85

I tried spraying octane in the intake and no results as far as starting. How would i know if it was the ignition? The ignition coral was changed. What else? Is this part of pnp? I dont know just asking.

aztec626bf
6,505

Did you spray octane into intake or starting fluid. I'm not sure if octane will tell you what you need to know. Try using starting fluid once and post your results.

Tatum09
85

Car started thursday morning after one week. Then my husband change the pump and gasket. Its saturaday and running smooth. But im afraid of it happening again just because. What about map sensor. Mostly all sensors have been changed except but 2 . Cant figure out the other that would have something to do with it turning over. Remember i used the octane first and no results. Thank you for helping me out through this. My husband dont know foriegn car but he is doing his best, with the book and ur help. Thanks oh yeah im getting new part noy from junk yard. Is that ok or for some.

Tatum09
85

It was the temperature switch and thermostat that was change not the pump. Im sorry.

Tatum09
85

Today car doing the same thing.WONT TURN OVER Really frustrated another day out of work. Cant figure it out. What else after all has been changed?

aztec626bf
6,505

If the starter is not turning over the engine I would look at battery connections and cables. Clean posts and cables till shiny.

Tatum09
85

I changed the battery that was the first thing i did Amongs everything else that was posted. Is this all u can suggest

aztec626bf
6,505

Does the car start when using starting fluid?

Tatum09
85

No it dont start using starting fluid.

Tatum09
85

No it dont start using starting fluid. What exactly do you mean by ignition problems?

aztec626bf
6,505

Ignition problems can be a number of things. Plugs, wires, ECM, ignition fuse, ignition coil etc. Check simple things first ie., plugs wires, fuse.

Tatum09
85

Ok think its the ignition bad connection. Fuse is fine. Ill let u know what happens Considering rewire the switch and grounding it if thats the case in the wire. Get back to you soon

Tatum09
85

Already changed wires and plugs and ignition coral

Tatum09
85

I found the problem. We open the cover on the stering column and test the wires. Found that the green and yellow wire had no power on or off. As we were using the tester, we began to turn car on start and the engine turn over really nice and smooth. After a week of sitting and not starting. Im so happpy, have to work summer school. Now we have to change all of the hoses because of code came up saying emmision evaporation and check engine light came on. Which is minor compare to not knowing why the car won't turn over.

Tatum09
85

Thank for ur support. My husband will now know how to trouble shoot.volvo's. Thanks the Tatums