what is the STC button for

bill40
0

Asked by bill40 Jul 19, 2007 at 10:51 AM about the 2000 Volvo S80 T6

17,725

i think it stands for Stability & Traction Control. If you push the switch it will turn it off. It helps the car keep traction on the road, or when one wheel slips it delivers power to that wheel to correct the issue.

bhines87
95

The STC button is you basic traction crontrol button. It does nothing for stability. I have a 2000 S80 and it has that switch, but does not have stability control. If you want to see how well it works, hit the button to turn it off when it snows or rains and floor it, then try it when STC is on. Hope this helps