Water leak

westvan
0

Asked by westvan Nov 27, 2006 at 02:18 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Venture 3 Dr LS Passenger Van

I have a water leak that appears as totally wet carpets on both the driver and passenger side, at the front. I have not found it when I am driving, but it shows up after a heavy rain and the van has been sitting at the curb.  
I have taken the cowling off,by the wipers, cleaned any leafs etc out and ran a hose on both sides but was unable to duplicate the leak.

Another attempt was running a water hose onto the upper part of the doors and the windshield for an hour or so (each area)without finding the problem.

Then the next time it sits overnight at the curb and it rains the carpet is wet again. (really wet)

By the way it is not leaking from the A/C unit or the heating system.

I would sure appreciate any suggestions.

Glen

10,415

Hello, Your question has been answered in our forum. Please go here: http://www.cargurus.com/forums/posts/list/13.page?cg_entityId=t2452 to see the response. I hope this helps! CarGrrl

Venture
50

where is the link? it does not work.

Fordtudor37
3,235

Sounds like the windshield could be leaking.

Phyle
0

I'm having the same problem and I was told the water was leaking around the "firewall"...

bobby2010
0

I have a 2001 Chevy Venture van that has a leak somewhere. My oil pressure light came on so I put some more oil in and the pressure light went off. I did notice a small puddle of oil under the car on the passenger side when I left for school this morning. please help