2005 s60 2.5t multiple cyliner misfires. changed plugs, cylinder 2 still misfiring and running rich. codes are not accessible by mechanic so its off to the dealer I go unless you have an idea. Thanks

kevvymack
0

Asked by kevvymack Apr 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM about the 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T

plugs were all changed but ECU codes are not accessible by my mechanic. 3 cylinders were misfiring and it happened real quickly. Standing at a red light went to accelerate and engine started shaking and running real rough. o2 readings ok so cat convert seems ok. after plugs changed cylinder 2 still misfiring and engine running rich. Mechanic said need to take to dealer to read deep ECU codes rather than throw $ in parts at it. Any Help here

109,525

Time to swap out your bad coils. Misfires are mainly due to faulty coils, not spark plugs. Have your mechanic check his work on his connections as well.

James Ware
0

I am also having thus same exact problem for my 05 Volvo s60 2.5T. I was driving home from work, as soon as I entered the freeway from a red light it started to run really rough/choppy, every time I accelerated got rougher. First guess was a bad furl filter, but once I took it in to Pep Boys and they ran a free OBD scan, the codes came back as multiple misfires. Cylinders 1, 2, and 3 all misfiring simultaneously. The mechanic said it could be the distributor caps, but tough to say for sure without a proper diagnosis of the problem. I plan on taking it in first thing tomorrow morning for the diagnosis and will reply with any information I recieve. If you're anything like me, you love your Volvo more than anything. ♡