2000 S40 Check engine light

exvolvoguy
0

Asked by exvolvoguy Mar 18, 2008 at 07:51 AM about the 2000 Volvo S40 STD

I recently replaced the oxygen sensors in my s40 but, the check engine light is still on.  I took it to Autozone to have them reset the light, but they said that was illegal and refused to do it.  They did tell me that the light would go out after about three days  when the computer had run through its diagnostics.  Is that a true statement?

casper271
3,735

Sometimes, unless there is an other issue. You might want to get your mechanic to scan the car.

23,625

The readiness monitors will reset themselves after 10-15 good trips, meaning no error detected, or 150 miles. This is possibly a true statement but time will tell. Give it a few days.

Christopher Paden
1,995

Disconnect the battery for a few minutes to clear the codes. It will take a few good drive cycles for the computer to ready itself again. If there is still an o2 sensor problem however, you will most likely see the check engine light come back on after a few miles of driving. -Chris-