I purchased a 2004VOLVO C70 HPTwith 24,500 miles.The problem I have is eliminating a steering wheel wobble at 20 and 45 MPH.The 17" wheels have been balanced twice in the last 30 days and alignment also done when I purchased the car last month. The tires on the OEM wheels are Toyo Extensa 225-45-17 94V are almost new.The suspension was checked and I also had a tower strut brace installed. Any one with 2000 to vOLVO 2004 C70 HAVING SIMILIAR PROBLEM???? Bob Senior

Robert_66
60

Asked by Robert_66 Sep 12, 2012 at 05:53 PM about the 2004 Volvo C70 2 Dr HPT Turbo Convertible

LarchmereImports

The tires and or wheels are the most likely problem a low speed shake is usually caused by a defective tire or bent rim. Balancing the tire will not correct a tire with a faulty belt in it. The only way to diagnose the faulty tire is to remove the tires/wheels from the car and note if the problem is gone. If you have one defective tire and they are all from te same batch you may have to remove all of the tires/wheels for the problem to go away. We typically would replace the tires and wheels with a set from a similar car and see if the problem is gone and the work to identify how many of he tires and or wheels are faulty. Just a note. Shake, shimmy or vibration are never effected by alignment. The three symptoms for wheel alignment are: improper tire wear, steering wheel off center, a drft or pull to one direction. Drifts or pulls are more often caused by faulty tires than alignment as well.