Ignition Key sometimes will not turn after inserting into lock

Aussie_John
0

Asked by Aussie_John Mar 06, 2011 at 01:42 AM about the 2002 Volvo C70 2 Dr HT Turbo Coupe

Help Need to remove ignition lock for auto locksmith to repair. Anyone describe how - or direct me to a video that will show? If not, can you advise on a good workshop manual that will describe such work. Read that Chiltons is bad and Haynes only a bit better?

Mike Bonnell
5,635

Remove the steering wheel. Remove the upper cover for the steering column. Use long Torx TX 15 tool Remove the lower cover for the steering column. Use a Torx TX 25 tool. CAUTION: Be careful not to damage the contact reel and cable harness during work. Remove the lever for the turn signal lamps. Allow the lever to hang from the cable harness Remove the lever for the windshield wipers. Disconnect one of the connectors. Leave the lever hanging from the other connector Remove the slip ring Remove the holder for the steering lock lighting. Removing the lock WARNING: Use protective goggles. Pre-drill the screw heads (1) for the mounting. Use a 3 mm drill bit (A) Drill out the screw heads (1). Use a 8 mm drill bit (B) Remove the lock. Use anti-theft screws when assembling the lock Make sure the Lock-Smith is certified to make new keys and CODE them in case he has to.

Best Answer
Aussie_John
0

Thanks Mike for the prompt and detailed reply. I may still need a workshop manual as the car is eight years old and stuff is happening. Any suggestions for a good manual? Regards

Mike Bonnell
5,635

Buy access to ALLDATA - it is offered to the public for ONE car I do not know if it is a one time fee or a small monthly fee ( I am not affiliated with this company in any way )

Aussie_John
0

Thanks again Mike.