STEERING ISSUE

DebbieF
0

Asked by DebbieF Dec 07, 2012 at 11:04 AM about the 2001 Volvo C70 2 Dr HT Turbo Coupe

I hear a groaning sound when turning my steering wheel left.  I feel a vibration and the noise continues after making my left turn.   Is this my steering pump going?

gustang
565

Check the steering pump fluid level. If it's low add the correct fluid (NOT OIL) to the level maked on the pump. Also look for fluid around the pump hoses. This would indicate a leak.

Ashley Robinson
35

Sounds like it's CV (Constant Velocity Joint) I it grinds as you turn left or right but not so much going straight ahead. That's probably your problem.

Karl Evenson
25

Is this during very sharp corners? My C70 does the same and this is just the nature of the car. There is a plate that rubs when the wheel is turned all of the way. Nothing to be worried about