Mini Cooper convertible rear seat lock

Pryomaniac555
10

Asked by Pryomaniac555 Feb 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM about the 2006 MINI Cooper S Convertible

The Mini Cooper convertible has rear seats that feature a lock on the top of the seat. Turning the lock disables the
opening latch inside the trunk. What is the purpose of locking them at all? Can they be opened from outside the
trunk if not locked...?

judge_roy

the MINI jiggity jiggles everything.including my tic-tacs inside the cup holder. the reason these seats seats are held taught is the car vibrates somethin wicked, you just don't notice it cause you're havin so much fun drivin' it. notice the tie-off points inside the boot? just why do you think these need to be there too?

judge_roy

fun little car. Don't think that I'll be able to drive another style of car anymore~

Pryomaniac555
10

I actually figured it out. If you don't lock the seats with the car key, someone can use the backup mechanical way to open the seats and get into the trunk. This is easily done when the top is down.

judge_roy

Isn't there an aircraft style toggle that unlocks everything? right in the middle, between the power window controls? that's gonna be the one to use!

judge_roy

convertibles are always vulnerable to "knifey" or a bird doo-doo...or a homeless guy urinating or vomiting into your car....willy-nilly...coupes are less susceptible and can be hosed down~

judge_roy

pyromaniac555...my friend had his house torched with his doggie and his kitties and his chickens still inside....the place burned to the ground with his pets still inside...clearly a case of ARSON...can't really recommend downtown Oakland anymore~ too many bad...needy people~ lived there for 15 years until a kid with a handgun decided to shoot my head...we moved then~

judge_roy

would consider renaming yourself...henry will change this name for you to something a little more polite _____ would be a good one or |||||| all "pipes" might be good (if they let ya)~