Is it my clutch or just a hydraulic problem like the clutch master or slave cylinder?

xxxcityboyxxx
275

Asked by xxxcityboyxxx Oct 23, 2012 at 03:15 PM about the 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT

I have a Stage 2 6 puck clutch on my car that is about 4 years old now that started to chatter a while back even with the clutch pedal depressed. Before hand it only chattered while in neutral without the clutch pedal depressed. It started getting bad when I would change gears..... while the 1st or 2nd gear would be engaging, it would make a da da da da noise( if that helps) and the car would shake violently then it would go. Now, I tried to get my car on a trailer to tow it, and when i was in first fluttering the pedal, I heard a loud Pop and the clutch pedal went to the floor. Now I can't even start the car. Has this happened to anyone else or any advise/suggestions??

Wynand Beer
205

The shuddering sounds like a thrust bearing on it's way out. But the last part where the pedal went to the floor sounds like a broken clutch. Unfortunately it will cost you a new clutch.

Shawn Hueter
95

I had the same problem with my clutch. The throw out bearing was destroyed and I was losing power in 1st and 2nd gear. I replaced it with a staged two clutch and a lighter stronger flywheel. I bought the package from Grip Force on Ebay fro 295. On their website they wanted almost 900 for the samething. It comes with everything you need, and the new flywheel only weighs 9.6 lbs. Also put Lucas Gear Oil in the tranny and it the car will be open up.