Does anyone know if it's my throw out bearing or my actual clutch?

xxxcityboyxxx
215

Asked by xxxcityboyxxx Aug 03, 2012 at 11:09 PM about the 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT

I have a 2 and 1/2 year old 6 puck stage 2 clutch in my 2006 hyundai tiburon gt. .... When I depress the clutch, a terrible grinding almost screeching sound occurs and when in gear, as I start to let off the clutch the car starts to shake violently and almost seems to hop. Any ideas if I can luck out and only buy a throw out bearing?

4,745

Sound luke it could be throw out bearing. When its tajen apart it should be obvious what is ginding cause it will have marks on it from grinding.

4,745

Sounds like* and taken* apart. Fat fingers on small touch screen doesnt work well...

Wynand Beer
95

I would check the hydraulic system as well. Bleed out all the air out of the system. It sounds to me as if the clutch is not releasing proprly. Either air in the system or master cylinder.

xxxcityboyxxx
215

Thanks Andrew, I'm thinking it's the TOB too but I'm hoping that's all it is. And Wynard, I'll make sure to look into that, I appreciate the input.