what type of timing between the crankcase and camshaft for a 2006 nessan sentra?

artdiggs
0

Asked by artdiggs May 15, 2013 at 06:40 PM about the 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S

My car has 91K miles on it

15,315

Are there different types? All the timing belts ive seen look about the same.

15,315

I see now that it doesnt say belt. Apperntly i cannot read. It is a chain not a belt on that one

operator_13

1/2 speed is the difference in RPM~

operator_13

it HAS a timing chain and is around a hundred dollars for a replacement kit~

15,315

yes O13 as I have already stated it has a chain.

15,315

Like the "HAS" in caps though. Nice touch! you are a wealth of knowledge and I am honored to have you backing me up.

operator_13

are we splittin' hairs here? you know as well as I that belts are a whole lot quieter, and steathily let loose all at once rather than ramblrubmble crunktiy grsk not turning right...there was a girl who went too fast over a construction zone and the thing jumped a tooth DOHC just made running crappy..she wondered if she just couldn't put it back onto the correct tooth...do you see my frustration with timing chains? a timing belt would not unapolgetically drather on with ill performance....kind 0 American style...whoot whooo~

operator_13

keep goin' kbro....you'll be competing with the likes of Tom Deyman and Tenspeed...good luck on these reputation points...you know if even now if I had henry combine O13 with judge_roy would be sufferin' number 3~ he he not for me~