I have a Nissan Pathfinder and the heat suddenly stopped working. What could cause this and what is a ballpark cost estimate to repair it?

slk721
0

Asked by slk721 Jan 03, 2013 at 09:05 AM about the 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE

MacGarver
305

Does it blow cold all the time? If so it could be your heating core. Is there a film building up in the inside of your windshield. This is a grand or so to replace. If it blows cold when idling but hot when driving, check your coolant levels to see if they are low. If they are low you should investigate to see why. What does the floor of your garage look like? If the missing coolant isn't there then you may have an internal engine leak. Possibly manifold gasket seal issues. This could be pricey. It could also be your thermostat. This would be one of the cheapest problem to have.