Hi i have chevrolet malibu ls 1998 when i drive slowly the wheel make sound u dont know qhat is it

Omar Alieh
10

Asked by Omar Oct 27, 2012 at 09:13 AM about the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu LS

DavidH25

If the sound goes away when you are driving faster, you may have a lug nut off rattling inside the hubcap the when you accelerate centrifugal force holds it still on the outer edge. Therefore no sound. Pop the hubcap and take a look, tighten all nuts.

frankchevyman
40

hub bearing assembly bad

Omar Alieh
10

The automatic transmission is making sound

Omar Alieh
10

They told me that there is bearing inside automatic transmission

DavidH25

Just be careful before you put out $800 or whatever for a new or rebuilt transmission. Get a second opinion. Avoid salvaged transmissions from wrecked cars unless you get a warranty. Those guys at the junkyards lie about miles on it, every one they have has 20,000 miles on it.

Best Answer
Omar Alieh
10

Anyway thx for u but rhey told that it can fix the bad bearing in automatic transmission and her in our country there os not lot of malibu car i am confised what to do

Omar Alieh
10

I see one he told me that is about 20000km

Omar Alieh
10

There was bearing r blown in automatic transmission i change it and sound is fine i put 100$ off 600$