have a 1996 Madza MX6, I would like to change the Trans fluid, How is that done?

rarejim
0

Asked by rarejim Feb 05, 2013 at 02:14 PM about the 1996 Mazda MX-6 2 Dr STD Coupe

It's unclear to me how this is done, how do you access the fluid?

45,555

Some transmissions have drain plugs. On some transmissions, you loosen the bolts and fluid spills over the side.

Paul Wilson
445

there is a drain plug on the side of the trans. you will need to open the drain plug and use a hose and hand vaccume to remove the old fluid. make sure you get the proper gear oil. then replace the fluid. this is on a manual transmission though i am not sure offhand how to do the auto trans. any decent service manual should tell you and you can get one for around 30 bucks. well worth the investment.

Best Answer
Raleigh Ahlstrom
125

if you want to DIY, go under the car and look the "screw" with a square indention. loosen that and the fluid should come out, that or that is the fill plug and only FILL IT UP TO THAT LINE.