91 limited miata- recent purchase- dash has a tacky/sticky texture- harsh rubbing removes color... I have neutralized the texture with a tech suggested epson salt mixture... any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated....

beachbound
0

Asked by beachbound Jan 02, 2013 at 10:06 PM about the 1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special

sticky tacky dash board~ what needs to be done to get it back to normal?

Robert Mitchell
695

sounds like the sun did that to the dash, started that way on my old camaro, i scrubbed it down with Armor All then bought a dashboard covei dunno about that epson salt mixture, epson salt is pretty rigged, i cant imagine that being doing anything but being a scratchy texture and the salt ruining your plastics.. but i've never tried that.