why is a car with a long warranty priced equal or similar to one with none ?

hector1798
65

Asked by hector1798 Dec 11, 2012 at 12:44 AM about the 2006 Mazda MAZDA6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan

2006 Mazda 6 s grand touring sedan   (Yakima WA.  98908)

Redswede
45

If they are the same make of car, same year, trim, options and general location they should be about the same price. A car with navigation or some other desirable option usually is priced higher than others in the same trim level without it. Sometimes it's a cars condition, or even color, if it's very popular, can be influential on the price. Many times it boils down to the seller and what he thinks he can get for the car. A dealer usually prices higher than a private party, for instance.

hector1798
65

It seems to me that factory warranty , the free oil changes , winter tire package and one owner with all service records would influence in a positive way the price and good ,fair and or poor status of the vehicles. the overall condition is hard to gage by looking at a picture.