Mazda 3 brake pressure loss when driving

Diezel123
0

Asked by Diezel123 Mar 16, 2012 at 05:13 AM about the 2006 Mazda MAZDA3 s Hatchback

I'm having a brake problem with my 2006 Mazda 3. When applying the brakes in normal driving
conditions, the pedal and brakes responds as it should, but then start to lose pressure and the vehicle
loses it's braking power and on release of the pedal a quiet howling whistle noise is made. When the
car is turned off, no pressure is lost. My mechanic has replaced both the Master cylinder and booster
and the O- ring seals, and when first driven the brakes operate like brand new. The next day the
vehicle reverts back to the same problem of losing pressure. My mechanic has heard of a few
problems exactly the same but no one knows how the problem starts or can be fixed, can anyone
help???

Santiago Jimenez
25

you should take a look of the brake boost ,that kind of problem could occur when the brake boost have problems

Diezel123
0

The booster has been replaced and nothing has changed.

Santiago Jimenez
25

maybe it can be a poor quality brake fluid , because sometimes in the dealer ,the use to put a Dot 4 brake fluid and sometime is not enought for a correct function of the car.

Eugene Steyn
45

are there any places where brake fluid is leaking out? it sounds like one of your calipers might be faulty

Sara Dawkins
0

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem with my 2006 mazda 3!

Paul Wilson
445

it sounds like an issue with the vaccume to the booster. check all of the boosters vaccume lines.