Turn Signal Problem

tjturnbu
0

Asked by tjturnbu Nov 18, 2012 at 05:40 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Dr LT 4WD SUV

The turn signals work, however when the turn signal is of the ticking noise is still going. It stops
completely when i lay on the brakes, but it won't stop. Please help me figure out how to stop it, and
what part i need to replace.

taver91
515

Very unusual, but I have seen turn signal relays with odd failure modes. They are cheap and usually easy to locate under the dash and replace. They create the "ticking" noise as well as send current to your bulb circuit so I would replace the relay and see what happens. If that is not the problem, you'll have a spare in your glove box when it does fail! Good luck.

4,795

common thing with the blinker switch switch in these things. A bushing in the lever wears out and supplies power to the hazard flasher circuit. You need a new blinker swich. They can make the relay click rythmically like the hazards are on or erratically at times. The lights do not actually blink.