1994 Mazda B4000 4wd problem

globetrekker_01
25

Asked by globetrekker_01 Jan 01, 2008 at 02:48 AM about the 1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup 2 Dr B4000 LE 4WD Extended Cab SB

My friend recently bought a 1994 Mazda B4000 extended cad w/4wd. She said that the 4wd will not work. She turned the 4wd knobs on the wheels to the lock position - heard a click when she put it on "free" but not when she put it on "lock". She said there are 3? buttons near the floor on the driver's side of the truck but she does not know exactly what they are for and was not told how to use them buy the seller. I think the buttons have something to do with the 4wd but she said there is nothing in the manual concerning these buttons and nothing on the buttons to identify them. Can you tell me what these buttons are for and how to set the 4wd so I can email her and give her an idea of what to do? Thank you.

dvigano
8,185

I would take it into a Mazda dealership and ask them to show her how they work. Someone there should be able to help her.

siva
0

I want to take this to Mazda dealership.Definitely someone there to help. ------------------------- siva Used Cars

siva
0

I want to take this to Mazda dealership.Definitely someone there to help. ------------------------- siva http://used.gov-auctions.org

njxrayboss
20

I have a '94 B4000 with standard transmission. There are two buttons on the dash to put the truck in 4 wheel drive. One is normal and the other low gear (top button). I have had two problems regarding the 4 wheel drive. First the electric motor that engages the front axle went bad and need replacement. And second, the wheel lock on one wheel reuired replacement.