What is the easiest way to change heater core on 98 Chevy blazer?

James Higgins
0

Asked by James Oct 03, 2012 at 10:22 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Blazer 2 Dr STD 4WD SUV

8,245

Its behind the dash on the passenger side. I changed mine on my 96 without removing the dash but in 98 they updated the dash so i am unsure if it can be done the same way. It was a very tight fit.

Best Answer
Kevin Robinson
1,205

yes removing dash is the way and its lots work , and some of the bolts are on firewall behind wheel well so need to loosen that for clearance too

8,245

I believe the newer style dash also allows you to work through the glove box. Not sure if it's any help, like I said I did this on my 96 with the older dash.

RealRuby
20

Andrew, I'm going to try replacing my heater core this weekend.. I have a 96 S10 what steps did you take to replace your heater core without removing the dash.

8,245

I didn't have to remove the dash completely but you do need to unbolt it to slide it back a little.