my 03 beetle has a spoiler that is now stuck up how do i get it to go down ?

vikki11259
0

Asked by vikki11259 Mar 24, 2013 at 09:40 AM about the 2003 Volkswagen Beetle Turbo S

it happened on a frozen day. my spoiler must have been able to open but not close now if i drive it it
makes this horrable noise

45,765

Park the car in a indoor, underground parking lot so it can heat up.

14,225

Probably stripped the gear drive when it tried to run frozen. If you can locate the wire plug for it just disconnect it until you can afford to have it fixed at the dealer, or just leave it disconnected, the spoiler really is just for looks until you are at freeway speeds then they just help with the air flow drag.

Best Answer
vikki11259
0

tennisshoes You are the bomb is the wire plug under the headliner?

14,225

No it is in the rear lift-gate, remove the cover and you can see the unit on the right side, just unplug the unit.

vikki11259
0

thank you. You have been so helpful. Now maybe i will not have to spend the collage fund.

vikki11259
0

tennisshoes, You are the best. How do I let people know how fab. you are. I'm not kidding, I called every place I could think of to find a way around that expensive dealer visit. By the way, it took me longer to find a screwdriver than it did to find that plug. And it works great. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

14,225

Just glad I could help. Just don't forget us here at Car Gurus. Some of us have been working on cars most of our lives, so we seen a trick or two. Thanks for reply.