Can programming a new key affect comfort control module or air bag light? Light is on for air bag and now my windows, locks lights inside don't work?

bighouse1124
0

Asked by bighouse1124 Feb 04, 2013 at 09:56 AM about the 2000 Volkswagen Beetle GLS 2.0

Had car towed to dealer, lost key, they made a new key and programmed. Now my air bag light is on and my windows and auto locks don't work. Then I turned my lights on and it opened the trunk? All of those things were working properly before I took it in could they have done something to my car with programming.

DavidH25

Yes. It is no coincidence everything went whacky right after they worked on it. Get it back there asap, they screwed something up. It didn't just happen right then for some other reason and don't pay them to do anything, you might have an argument, I hate confrontations like that but you have the truth on your side

DavidH25

I meant no at first..no to your question, programming the key transponder will not do that

7jimmy7
9,475

under normal procedure their link gos to germany and receives info back, the tech may have not completed the process correctly, v w,s scare me any more.