I bought 2 10' subs for my 2006 VW Jetta that came with an amp. My friend tried to install it for me but the amp wouldn't work, but the sub does work if wired to the door speaker. Wondering if it was just the amp, we tried a different amp, which didn't work either. He told me my car might not be able to have a system installed. Is it possible that my car can't have a system?

MandaLynn2012
0

Asked by MandaLynn2012 Feb 14, 2013 at 02:26 AM about the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L

EdS2K
405

I'm sure there are other Jetta's out there running amps. Did you check the power and ground wires you are using for the amp? More than likely it's an electrical issue and not the amp. You may be able to get some info from some VW forums out there. Good luck.

Chase Sutherland
3,665

your car can easily have a system. your friend just isnt wiring it correctly. take it to a shop that knows what they are doing.

Nate Bailey
25

Also check the Remote Wire... without that hooked to 12 volts the amp wont turn on.. its usually a small wire that goes along with the power and ground.

CJ Michaels
655

im not a car audio expert, but u can put a stereo in anything with all the adapters and everything that r made today...theres a place where i live that guarantees they will install ur stereo same day for $1(if u buy ur stereo from them) so it shouldnt be a hard job

CJ Michaels
655

also, maybe the amp simply doesnt work, if u didnt buy it new and the guy selling it decided to throw in an amp(to sweeten the deal), it wouldnt surprise me if it didnt work

Chase Sutherland
3,665

There is most likely a pre existing amplifier that needs replaced with your amp or yours needs spliced in