My car is leaking antifreeze

Jetta06
0

Asked by Jetta06 Feb 02, 2013 at 09:28 AM about the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L

I brought my car to the shop and they can"t find the leak. Is this comment for a Jetta

DavidH25

When you say leaking, do you mean you see puddles on the ground, or it just keeps needing to be filled? And find another mechanic, any mechanic that just blows you off by saying he can't find the leak is either incompetent or too busy to want your business, He can pressurize the cooling system with the car cold and just LOOK. Common? That I don't know, probably not

45,895

It might be an internal leak from a bad head gasket. Is it running hot?

DavidH25

And is you oil overfull and a light chocolate color? We can help you if you answer us

Jetta06
0

Yes I sometimes find puddles in the driveway, I did check the oil and its fine and its not running hot.

DavidH25

Then it needs to be pressure tested. A mechanic can put a pump on the radiator cap and pressurize it with air and and simply look

Jetta06
0

Sadly they said they did! I have to tell ya I am a girl lol They said the only place they can't is other the heater which means they have to remove the dash the get to it to see ??? They inform me that it would takes hours the remove the dash ?