my 2004 Jetta is overheating, some water on the ground. When adding antifreeze it didn't take very much. It still overheated and sprayed a fluid in the back of the engine

bassmatic
0

Asked by bassmatic Feb 02, 2013 at 12:50 PM about the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T

2004 Jetta GLI overheating

DavidH25

Back of the engine eh? let me ask, does it get worse when you use the heater? Or intake manifold gasket..heater hose (that's why i asked that) freeze plug...and make sure if the engine is cold do NOT fill up the overflow, only about 1/4 full cold

bassmatic
0

That's interesting about the heater, my husband says it sprays from the back. He thinks something my be plugged. I have also noticed a small oil leak after it has been parked for the weekend. Last week when I went to start it to go home the light came on the check coolant , I had not even put it in gear. Thanks DavidH25