The engine on my 2002 Jetta occasionally quits (die) while driving down the road,

jenks393
0

Asked by jenks393 Aug 05, 2012 at 12:28 AM about the 2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS

Twice while on a side street and on a freeway the engine will just kill, rpm's from 30,000 to 0 .  Then
start up again.  Is this a distributor problem?

garageman
935

Your car does not have a distributor,there are sensors,for cam ,crank and engine temperature.Do you have a check engine lamp on?a lot of times if the crankshaft position sensor is bad it may or may not set a code,but it will do as you describe.Does this occur when the car is extremely hot,in other words after you have been doing periods of extended driving?

jenks393
0

It does stall (quit) after running for 10 minutes or longer.