1999 Chevy Suburban - Computer Code

TomLindy
0

Asked by TomLindy Mar 20, 2013 at 08:21 AM about the 1999 Chevrolet Suburban C2500 LT

Engine starts and runs for a couple of seconds and then dies.
Computer code reads "P1626 Theft Deterrent Fuel enable signal not received"
I have had several mechanics look at this and they cannot figure out how to reset this code or delete it; or
disable the factory theft deterrent system.

45,645

Disconnect the battery and hold the cables together for a minute. Take the negative off first and put it back on last. ---- I found this "I tried just about everything, searching online, reading the manual, unhooking the battery, but did not get it figured out until the tow truck driver showed me. All you need to do to reset the system is unhook your battery, hold both the positive and negative terminals together, where they are touching and hold them together for 45-60 sec. Hook them back up and she cranked right up!"

14,185

Trying to disable the factory theft system is probably not a good ideaa. When it comes to issues like this the dealer is better equipped to diagnoise and fix the problem.

mrmoony
1,920

Learn something new everyday, I do.