2006 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T

Mohammed2344
0

Asked by Mohammed2344 Sep 23, 2012 at 04:52 PM about the 2006 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T

hello mates, please could any one tell me some simple tips on maitainance of the  whole car.

Larry Phanthavong
155

do your normal oil changes every 5000 miles and keep an eye on the oil level in between. the 2.0t fsi engines have a tendency to burn oil. suggestion would be to get a oil catch can. otherwise pretty a pretty solid engine. cv boots tend to tear open, keep an eye on those too.

Fabian Schwark
5

here is my check list for the fsi engines. 1.) check cam follower- prone to fail after 40k miles due to incorrect material used from vw (06 -07 models) 2.) the front pcv valve is know to fail resulting in loss of mpg you can check the valve by removing it and blowing in it. 3.) If cam follower is worn make sure to have HPFP high pressure fuel pump examined they can wear out of tolerance range if cam follower is worn. 4.) check to see if coils are strong they can tend to fade due to higher temps during summer. 5.) air conditioner compressor are know to internally destroy itself due to lubrication issues from manufacture around 70 k miles and vw wont warrant this issue. 6.) the intake runner flaps are also know to be sticky due to the pcv ventilation system and can cause ecu to throw a cell. Good news is vw warranty covers valve train issues till 120 k if your vin number falls within the production dates. I have a 07 mkv gti and have replaced all the following above. i have 75 k miles now and car is still strong.