Overheating Engine

slufoot69
0

Asked by slufoot69 Jun 28, 2009 at 09:26 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Malibu LS

I have a 99 Chevy Malibu, and I was wondering what temp it should run at by looking at the gauge.  On a hot day of driving in town it will raise 2 lines above the half way point of the temp. gauge.  Is this normal operating or should it stay in the middle?  Thanks...

Rahul Jones
145

It can be normal check your user manual. In my car its marked as till 1 line before H is normal operating temperature.

Danny Wang
2,935

In my 2000 Malibu, the gauge usually shows a tick mark above the half way point. Now in the winter (if the ambient temperature stays low), the gauge may show between quart and half way point regardless of how long the engine has been running. The engine still runs fine at about 190,000 miles and still running DEX-COOL.