what is best way too improve the performance on my stock g60 corrado

robbickford
25

Asked by robbickford Nov 17, 2007 at 11:43 PM about the 1991 Volkswagen Corrado 2 Dr Supercharged Hatchback

26,005

You could start with a cold air intake and perhaps a slightly improved exhaust flow over the stock exhaust, whether through headers or larger pipes/muffler.

robbickford
25

thank you for the advice

Mike Stiffey
75

lysholm charger 16v head chip bigger injectors do you wanna stay s/c or do you like turbos because you could also put on a t3/t4 setup

Rhys Cox
35

I would look at a chip and winding up the supercharger as the most bang for cash. Are you in the uk? if so have a talk to jbs auto designs (www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk) if not you could email to get good information on whats what

Pamela Padron
25

supercharge that bitch you'll love i had a 90 g60. everyone that drove it agreed that supercharging it was the best way to go

Charlie Bullin
35

either drop a vr6 in like mine or a bigger turbo

Michael Koc
15

maybee getting it chipped if u didnt do so or a big turbo some guy runs 12.5 with a turbo corraddo there pretty quick

Dave Moore
65

I'm no expert but I've hear of people simply changing the pulley or pulleys on the supercharger drive to gear the supercharger up to produce more fuel pressure. Guess you'd also need to look at injectors and fuel/timing electronics if you do that. Then at inlet/outlet efficiency. Then at brakes, suspension. On that last subject, I once had a SEAT Ibiza (aka VW Polo Gti) which was a 1.8 turbo, simply chip-tuned from 150 bhp up to 220 bhp. It went brilliantly, but ran out of brakes on the 10 mile country lane part of my commute to work. And whereas the standard suspension was fine for 150 bhp, at 220 if felt like it was on stilts, especially when the brakes didn't stop it on corner entry. No such problems on the next car, a SEAT Leon Cupra R which went from 225 bhp standard up to about 260 chipped. Brakes and suspension were fine. GREAT car.

Phillip Ligon
15

Bigger turbo, headers, upgrade injectors, bigger throttle body, ported heads, aftermarket intake manifold, cold air intake, bigger pipes, high-flow cats, good muffler, sticky tires, high pressure clutch, limited-slip differential, and a RWD conversion kit. Maybe an improved suspension, but that's nit-picky stuff.