customizing 87 toyota supra

murpho57
0

Asked by Mar 31, 2009 at 09:50 AM about the 1987 Toyota Supra 2 dr Hatchback

My 87 supra is not a turbo.  What's the most effective upgrade I can do for increased performance without destroying the performance?

Saiko Tatlic
65

intake headers and full 2,5' exshost

Matt Cronk
5

The previous mentioned mods plus lose some weight, advance the timing a bit, get an afc and wideband to run a better afr then get some cams and it will roar. Then you'll have to figure out how to lose your afm...

Matt Huber
65

ummm there is not much out there for the NA. Intake, exhaust...ect. but i think the best is to just go TURBO! I have come to peace that my NA is slow and i dont really care that much, but if you want a fast Supra a swap is the best way to get the HP you want. Remember Price, Performance, Reliablilty. You can only pick 2

nosmo
1,995

just add a turbo or if you have a budget put a new air filter. that will increase full economy and horse power. but if you dont want to do all that add a bully dog system. the other thing their is , is a micro chip you put in the engine to go faster. it will increase over 100 horse power.

James Greenburgh
55

The 7m is a moody motor, and wont respond well to just slapping a turbo on(trust me I know ;)) you're best bet, it you want to maintain reliability is to go with a set of high throw cams,some ITB's and a decent exhaust system. Pair that up with a program such as datalogit, or even megasquirt and you'll be making somewhere in the 220 bhp range. Personally, if you want a reliable source of power a 302 or 1j swap would probably treat you better.

Samuel Moore
1,345

LS Swap.