DRL Problem

n5tp
0

Asked by n5tp Mar 28, 2007 at 11:52 AM about the 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Base

Question about DRL:

Something recently failed in my '99 Camaro.  Before this happened, I always left the light switch in the far right-hand position, even after parking and turning the ignition switch off.  The DRL system took care of turning the headlights on when it was dark, and the running lights on during the day.  

Now, after whatever failed, with the headlight switch in the right-hand or center position, the headlights stay on
even with the ignition switch turned off.  So I have to manually turn the headlight switch off in order to turn them off.  Yesterday I replaced the DRL module with a new one, but the problem is still there.

Does anyone know where the problem is?

Thank you for any advice.

21,625

Strange problem. That would drive me nuts. I do the same thing with my lights. I just leave the switch on so that they turn on and off automatically. I would have said check the DRL module. I don't know if there is another sensor or anything that would effect it. Maybe crossed or loose wires?

n5tp
0

No, nobody has messed with any wiring or anything, except when the DRL module was replaced. The new module cost about $70.00. There are no burnt-out bulbs anywhere. The sensor in the air vent is still there, and it flashes occasionally. Thank you for the reply.

Trebor66
775

There is a relay that does the switching .On a 2000 S-10 it's located in the engine compartment with he other relays.