wanting to know if anyone has any 78 corolla fenders and possibly a front crossmember? the one just below the radiator.i found a sight that has all the oem parts but if anyone has these parts and they arent rotted like mine id be appreciative of a reply.

brewers221
35

Asked by brewers221 Apr 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM about the 1978 Toyota Corolla DX

judge_roy

car-part.com will lead you to a desert junyard...just take a looksee if you can find a number what may piece out and pallete for shipment...Al Lewis trucking shops for the lowest rate for you for your trucking needs~

brewers221
35

Thank you. I've been looking for parts everywhere for my car and can't find anything.

judge_roy

let's hope you get to talk to a desert rat who's hungry with plenty of stock for you to chose from~

judge_roy

the number one site for salvagers who keep track of their inventory in the US-

brewers221
35

It gave me a list of places and I found a couple fenders and a frame from a ke30 78 and I'm pretty sure it'll interchange. They only want $75 for the frame so I emailed them to see what condition its in. I emailed the one for the fender as well to see if I could get a price and pictures. Hopefully it comes through with proving results.

judge_roy

yay. quite gratified that HTH (hope this helps) never used that one before, because I believe in spelling things out like apps, sounds like a medical condition....is typing applications too much for you people...I tell ya~

judge_roy

a 78 corolla is not a rare buggy....whew, that makes it a little easier, now if you were asking about a 1951 hudson (fozzy bear car) not only would you find them not available but not useable, as they employed systems such as roller bearings, cartridge oil filters and puffy crankcase ventilation, would take a special person with a lot of money and plenty of time on their hands to have a desire to keep something like THAT on the roads as a daily driver...besides NO seat belts, single cylinder braking, NON safety glass...need I go on...

judge_roy

Hey, I'm from Milwaukee, and I outta know, the taste of Blatz beer, wherever you go....I closed Wolski's....been in California since 1989 and in Clearlake for six (no one comes here....ever)

judge_roy

California is beautiful....ain't goin' back, not since they took WZMF off the air....just hasn't been the same~

judge_roy

like to see the Brew Crew vs. the Giants they had a play off last year, you guys had Matt Grencke and the Axe Man...most formidable characters, we had the Panda, the Giraffe, the Freak and the Hack (hunter)-Matt Cain and Sergio Romo to name a few. hopefully the paid cable will hold out by playoff time~

brewers221
35

Yeah that would take a lot of money and time. I'm debating on whether to keep the stock suspension or put an s10 suspension and drivetrain under it. I would have to shorten it and make frame mounts and what not but it would be pretty simple for the most part. Just drop a 4.3 votec in it and make it a sleeper and suprise the hell out of people.

judge_roy

If you're stayin' in rust-land expect to keep it five years max...it crumbles out from under you...my 73 Celica had welded bed frames holding it together~

judge_roy

supercharge grampa's buick regal is the perfect sleeper, check out Llregal, or DavidH25 they both owned regals were super-charged and you'd never know it~

judge_roy

Have always been enchanted by police interceptors, have an obnoxious 5.6 Liter engine and heavy-duty everything. decommissioned police cars can be had for $9000.00

brewers221
35

The floor pans have a few rust holes and the front crossmember is rusted out.

judge_roy

spent an entire summer reconstructing a fiat 850 spider, lasted about three more months...just wan't worth it with all the welding time...still have pieces of steel in my eyeballs from the expereience- come out of the salt zone to buy a car...period, take a beating on scrap value on your rust car.

judge_roy

sixty-four rambler green wagon with the california black plates, she's had it since '64...no damned rust...screw that...can't live with that anymore.