Toyota Corolla has a problem

beach88
65

Asked by beach88 Dec 30, 2007 at 03:12 AM about the 1988 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe

I had a new old sending unit put in, but my oil gauges are not showing the correct amount in the car. It show it correct on the start up, after driving her for an hour she drops to an incorrect reading. Then the next start up she looks fine, until an hour later. So what's her problem?

23,625

If you're talking about the oil pressure dropping, this could be due to main bearings needing to be replaced or a faulty oil pump. As the engine heats up the vehicle's oil pressure is dropping. Suggest having an oil pressure check done with a gauge to see if the oil pressure is actually OK when hot or if the sending unit or gauges are defective. I have seen brand new parts that were defective out of the box so an actual pressure test is going to be required here.