I have a 1976 Toyota Celica GT Liftback and lost my key. Car is in storage. How can I get a key. Was told to remove passenger door panel to get a key code.Any easier way. Thanks

Ilanaaj
0

Asked by Ilanaaj Aug 20, 2013 at 08:29 PM about the 1976 Toyota Celica GT liftback

1976 Toyota Gt Liftback in storage many years. Lost my key.
Was told to remove passenger door panel to get a key code?
Any easier way?
Thanks

28,405

Well the easier way is more expensive, have a locksmith come out a do what they call a pick out key, they use a tool that will tell them the key cuts for each tumbler in the door or ignition. If I remember Toyota, they use the same key for both door and ignition. Although taking a door panel off one of these is not too hard but I don't think you will find a key code in there, but you can remove the key cylinder and take it to a locksmith and have a key made for it that way.

Dave Rodgers
75

there is a code on the passenger side door lock but you have to remove it from the car. i had to have it done and it wasnt that bad. then i found my key a couple days later.