Looking for color code of 1976 Celica GT Liftback

Simon Chow
25

Asked by Simon Jul 10, 2013 at 04:18 PM about the 1976 Toyota Celica GT liftback

I had this car in high school and have found a similar one I'm restoring. I would like to
paint it the same color of my old car which was a mustard yellow. Can anyone help me
find the correct code or supplier?

18,175

Is the decal still intact on the drivers door opening where the VIN is located? That tag should contain that information. If that fails you might try an old Toyota dealer that was in business at that time and take the pic with you. I had one of these in 1977, kept eating up idler arms and blowing head gaskets, finally after the 5 head gasket and 2 heads due to milling I put it back together with Permatex No.1 and traded it it off. Good luck with your project.

Simon Chow
25

Thanks for the input. The car I'm restoring is the same model but it's blue. So VIN wouldn't help. I did go to the local Toyota dealer but they only have color codes going back to the 90's. Tried a local paint supplier but their chips from '74 doesn't show this color. Picture above was just an image found on the web.

BURT100
520

Try this site the Orange (352) looks close --click on color for sample car picts. .... http://www.toyotareference.com/celica/1971-1977------------------- Good Luck HTH