How much is the blue book value on a honda civic hatchback 1989?

vyoruby
20

Asked by vyoruby May 26, 2010 at 12:34 AM about the 1989 Honda Civic Si Hatchback

Did I get ripped off? I just paid 1350 for a 89 civic hatchback (the guy posted it as a 90, and I was dumb and didn't look well at the pink slip...) The windows are in disrepair, the locks catch, and the windows leak. The engine is great however, and at 147,500 miles, I thought it was a good purchase. Was I wrong?

Michael Perfeito
165

Sadly, yes. From what you are saying I don't think it would be worth more then $600

vyoruby
20

Is there any recourse for finding out that the mileage is actually over 300k? I know that it is illegal for the seller to hide that information from the buyer.

Joseph Gahol
1,015

its a classic pink slip rip-off if u ask me.. unless he included some extras coz im pretty sure he had that 89 with a few bolt ons, tweaks and stuff.. or didnt he? and the high mileage too? the engine however, im not sure coz if you would say it still runs good, problems will probably show in the next 30-50 thousand miles... usually the AC breaks down first, then the block itself shows signs of wear and tear next.. he should've given you all that information and im sure it's gonna change ur mind and ask for him to drop the price..

vyoruby
20

well the deal's been done. i bought a lemon, and the f*$%ker got away with 1350. the windshield wipers are funky, the windows don't close right or seal, the e-brake doesn't work... and i'm living in san francisco (!) but i'm hoping that i can get some help through a lawyer and the california lemon law. any suggestions for how to proceed would be really helpful.

HondaDude
20

Honda's Are Built to Last If You Drive Them Properly.(The Engine Last Around 300k).. That May have Been a High Price,Most Money I Would Of Paid Is $900-$1000.But The Deal Has Been Made,Enjoy Your Honda!:D

Bradford Andrews
295

the last guy is right i would pay 1350 for one i currently own one myself and had many more problems than you and i paid 1700 for mine however i think its worth it just slowly fix it up and it will keep looking better and better and it will make you more happy with the simple mods you do to it to fit your lifestyle

Bradford Andrews
295

your a dumb@$$ your not allowed to speek if you have no idea what your talking about

Rodney Van Voorhis
35

na its not bad as long as the engine runs good nd hopefully the body is in decent shape

Brian Dippold
0

I'm buying one next week for 1400.00, test drove it... Real Solid little car!! sounds like a strut broke in the back passenger side, but other than that , excellent little car. Undercoated and all, Moter purrs.... :>))

Michaelferrence
10

I have an 89 hatch Si and I have hade major problems but have over come most except for one issue right now when I drive and give it gas it hesitates real bad until about 2500 rpm if any one has experienced this and could help would be very appreciated but I paid 1600 and its worth it every day even the days she don't run

hondahatch
0

spark plugs no fire

hondahatch
0

get new plugs for it possibly

lilkat80
0

they are very popular cars i have a light blue one and the front window was cracked and a a mexican offered me 2 grand i turned it down because i is the most reliable car i ever owned and parts are cheep

lilkat80
0

and i payed 1500 for mine and had tons of offers from the Hispanic community some more than 1500 and but never had an offer less than 1200 and i bought it with 88.000.0 miles it now has 140.000.0 miles and i only relapsed all the hoses and put gas in it hell it gets 38 miles to the gallon not the best looking car but i drove it from gainsville fl to Arizona and back with no problem i am 6'4 and have plenty of room once i get in the dam thing

lilkat80
0

I have an 89 hatch Si and I have hade major problems but have over come most except for one issue right now when I drive and give it gas it hesitates real bad until about 2500 rpm if any one has experienced this and could help would be very appreciated but I paid 1600 and its worth it every day even the days she don't run mine did same thing fuel filter it wouldn't hurt at night to open hood start car if you see spark plug wires arcing then u know its time for new ones first thing i did when i bought mine changed oil 2 synthetic also cant go wrong in my opinion to use prolong oil and trans treatment in any vehicle.also changed spark plugs to split fire. of cores fram oil filter mine was an automatic so i put new transmission filter and oil.Also check the magnet on the trans pan 2 see if there where any mettle shavings or saw dust in trans oil people do that when selling a car or truck if the transmission's are slipping it works for about 30 to 50 miles before the gears are gone but if the seller has a problem with u tacking the car to a mechanic before u buy then just walk away because their trying 2 rip u off

Shane Cox
145

when I lived in cali I had paid on a few diff occasions 1000 for a clean 88-91 civic hatch shell(no engine or trans). I still have a few buddies in cali that are into imports of you need advice or help if your not too far from them

PandaJo
10

I have a chance at a 1989 LX in great condition. It's been garaged, had only one owner who became ill years ago and just left it in the garage. The car has only 25,000 miles on it! The car hasn't been run much in the past 10 years and it's never had a timing belt change. It runs great and is perfect in and out. The owner wants $6,000.00 which seems high to me, especially with the need to change out the timing belt and as you'd expect the exhaust system, but with that mileage this car isn't even broken in yet. Is this too high, or is it a good deal?