is 1500 to much for 1988 honda civic hb

Thomas Arwood
0

Asked by Thomas Jan 30, 2014 at 09:58 PM about the 1988 Honda Civic S Hatchback

7jimmy7
9,385

depends on condition, some have sold for almost twice that amount

dex04
145

Thomas, 7J Is correct... condition, body, frame and mileage are the factors here: Was it ever hit? (rear/side/front end) Did you Car Fax it? or KBB it??? Odometer should read: 312K miles is it half that? (@ 12K Miles X's 26 yrs) How many owners? Was timing belt EVER replaced at 70-80K??? Any service history? How does it start?... Perky? Valves quiet/noisy? How's the idle?... Burning oil? Did you check oil color? hoses/belts cracked? Any fluid leaks???? how about exhaust leaks? How is the paint?... decent?... any body work? How is the windshield... scratched? All windows work? How is the interior?... is it Beat w/holes, tears??? Did you checked the 4 corners for shock bounce?? How does it drive/shift? does it go where you point it when you let go of steering wheel? How much meat on the brakes? on the tires? AC & heat works??? All these things need to be considered before you take home a lemon! My Civic from '02 w/85K just had a ton of work done: bearings, brakes, shocks, struts and it is not CHEAP! I do not advice you to get into a 26 yr old car unless it came from a car nut like me or you have deeeeep pockets! Good Luck