Starting problems

cal
0

Asked by cal Aug 28, 2007 at 11:01 PM about the 1989 Honda Accord Lxi

Thanks for the response. However,the car is fuel injected. Any ideas?

dvigano
10,995

Hi cal, My philosophy has always been to start simple/inexpensive and move toward the complex/expensive. I would start by replacing the fuel filter, fuel pump (if not in the gas tank) and gas cap. Then retest - if still not good move on. Replace the distributor cap and rotor, spark plugs and spark plug wires. Then retest - if still not good move on. Check the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure guage. If not within factory specification then replace fuel pump (if you've not already done so) whether in gas tank or not. If these rather simple replacements are not the problem you have more complicated issues with your ignition system or fuel system that need the attention of a good mechanic. Make sure to tell him about any replacement parts before he starts the job. This will help guide him to the origin of the problem. FYI: Try to use Honda (or high performance aftermarket) parts wherever possible. For example, I would not use spark plug wires from your local parts store as they are generic and can cause other symptoms unrelated to the problem at hand. Good luck!

bagarbila
0

Hi I take the distributer out because seal was leaking I put new sael and put togather car was runing good before I replase the sael but toomuch oil was leaking.Problem is car is wont start after I replase the seal.Please tell me what i need to do.How I start my car I have 1994 Honda Accord EX 4slinders Vtach ingine.