how do I figure out whats wrong with my headlights on my 88 accord dx when high beams work and low beams dont?(no bad fuses or wires that i have seen so far however no power to low beam wire?

booyamaker20
0

Asked by booyamaker20 Feb 06, 2010 at 11:42 PM about the 1988 Honda Accord DX Coupe

for now i have taken the power from the high beam wire and put it on the lw beam terminal on my actual head lights so that i dont get pulled over for not having any lights but they are suposed to be receiving 10A and because of my switch they are now receiving 15A I know this is not a good idea and would like to fix it.

at this point I need any Headlight wiring diagrams and or knowledge of system errors and possible issues with the system.

thank you for your help if you need it my email is booyamaker16@yahoo.com

Jared Campbell
45

Have you tried replacing a bulb?

Sam Smith
35

Try www.3geez.com

booyamaker20
0

"have you tried replacing the headlight" yes genious, im looking for deeper troubleshooting like wiring diagrams not stupid questions

Wally Gertz
135

Most likely the wires behind the headlight housings have become brittle and broke. You'll have to get behind the pop up headlight assembly and it's not easy to get to. It's been quite a while since I've done it so I can't walk you through it. Anyway, the wires back there become brittle over the years and the wires break from flexing when the headlights pop up. Get to the wiring behind the headlights and you'll find if you jiggle them the lights will flicker. Find which wires are bad and replace them. Also, someone suggested 3geez.com . There is a huge wealth of info there for 3rd generation Acccords such as yours. Good luck.