Engine swap in a 1987 Honda Accord DX Carborated 2.0.

henpecked
0

Asked by henpecked Apr 07, 2013 at 01:11 AM about the 1987 Honda Accord DX

OK. I know it's dumb, but the wife is attached to this car. Needs a new engine. I'd like to either rebuild existing engine and add a turbo or drop in another type engine all together. What would be a good candidate replacement engine?

45,725

It's your wife's pet so you can spend a little more and not hear about it. Head over to the Honda forums and see what's the good stuff. Turbo's are a preferred set up because it's free power from the exhaust flow. That would also provide the headers you would want for the extra ponies. Variable valve timing is the third leg of the holy grail of power. Add in a tuned ECU to conduct that engine orchestra and you'll be scooting with some long term reliable power.

DavidH25

Hey, it's not dumb. 'henpecked'. that's good. Give her what she wants and there will be peace in the homestead and she will have to find something else to nag you for. Then you have ammo, "hey, I fixed your car..." so you won't have to buy her a bigger diamond ring :~)