Car won't start. It acts like it wants to start but won't. I do smell gas. What do you think is the problem? I have replaced filter and starter.

lindab5969
0

Asked by lindab5969 Aug 24, 2007 at 08:12 PM about the 1984 Honda Accord SE

When i turn the key it makes sounds like it wants to start.  The belts are turning and it is getting gas.  i have replaced the starter and a filter.  what do you think is the problem?

dvigano
8,195

Hi lindab5969, I would check your timing and replace your cap and rotor, spark plugs and plug wires. If you still have problems starting you may want to rebuild your carburetor. This is in reference to TSB 85-008. Good luck!

dougiedo
45

Have your timing belt/timing chain checked.This is a very real possibility in causing your engine to not start.Repeated cranking of the engine if it is the timing belt will bend push rods.valves.etc Doug