Have a 1983 Honda Accord sedan with no factory radio, antenna or speakers. I'm wondering if there would be a factory wiring harness already in the car. The car has only 69k miles, and is in mint cond. and I don't want to cut anything if possible. Can U help. Franklin Fountain. Email: Franklin.Fountain@pgnmail.com

LilBoboOfAVL
0

Asked by LilBoboOfAVL Jan 31, 2007 at 09:41 AM about the 1983 Honda Accord Base Sedan

no power options, just base trim.

bovan
9,570

Hello LilBoboOfAVL (Franklin)-- According to my radio advisor, Sparky of Crutchfield.com, you have a ninety percent chance that the car has been wired. The easiest way to tell is to open your trunk, look under the rear shelf and see if there are any wires taped up there. Or you can remove the plate on the dashboard that is covering where the radio would have been. If it is wired you will immediately see lots of wires, including the female connector for the radio itself. If you want to talk with Sparky yourself go to www.crutchfield.com. His toll free number is listed there. They do sell radios for your car and they have some videos you can follow to do the installation yourself. Let me know how you do. Good luck from Bovan.